Acoustic consultants – Engineers and Senior Engineers
At Sandy Brown, we’re leaders with an excellent reputation, and a world-class independent acoustic consultancy. We strive to be the best, so we need the best acoustic consultants. That’s why you should join our team.
We have more than 50 technical staff spread throughout offices in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Birmingham working on projects nationally and internationally.
What do Bloomberg, Apple, Google and Amazon have in common? We’ve delivered tailored, top-quality buildings, studios and auditoria acoustic designs to each of them. They told us their aspirations and we helped turn them into reality. Since we were founded in 1969, we’ve completed over 8000 cross-sector projects. Our key clients also include leading architects, developers, engineers as well as many global blue chip companies. We have the experience and the portfolio that makes us leaders in our field.
We’ve delivered some of the most innovative, sustainable and forward-thinking solutions in some of the world’s most iconic landmarks from The Science Museum to The Royal Albert Hall, the UK Supreme Court and even Battersea Power Station. We work closely with our clients and ensure that they understand how our work will add value to their vision while being conscious of time, cost and the impact on the environment.
- To apply for an acoustic engineer role, you should:
- • Hold a relevant acoustics degree, or an engineering degree coupled with the Institute of Acoustics (IoA) Diploma
- • Be working toward membership with the Institute of Acoustics (IoA)
- • Possess a good technical understanding of acoustics
- • Have relevant building acoustics experience.
- For a senior engineer role, you will need:
- • Knowledge of managing medium-sized building acoustics projects from design through completion
- • Experience working as part of a design team and attending client meetings
- • The ability to manage and develop client relationships
- • The confidence to provide technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.